In this blog, I’ll tell you my story of how I got a boy (I’m certainly not an expert, but it’s what worked for me), but if you are in a hurry, you can check out my cheat sheet (conceive a boy in three steps by clicking here.) Before I get started, I have to state again that I’m not a medical expert. I can’t offer any guarantees. But, I can share. Girls run in my family (I am one of four girls) So, we knew that we had a tendency to produce girls. When we were trying to conceive, my husband admitted he desperately wanted a boy. I noticed he would look at the dad’s at hockey practice longingly when we were at the skating rink. My husband is a hockey freak. The thought of him not having a boy to pass the puck with was not a nice thought for him. One day I asked my husband how serious he was about wanting a boy. He went to the cupboard and pulled out a pair of teeny black ice skates that he had purchased. That was it. I knew that daughters were not going to play hockey, so I got on a quest to get my husband a boy.
I started by calling clinics which ranged from no guarantee sperm sorting to 100% guarantee fertilization costing thousands of dollars. We could not afford the 100% method and I saw no reason to pay thousands of dollars for the “no guarantee” method, so I researched everything I could get my hands on. Here’s what I learned. To conceive a boy, you need three things:
1. You need to conceive as close to ovulation as possible (preferably the day of). Boy sperm are the weaker of the two. It will die off if it has to wait for the egg. This is probably the hardest part. For this reason I highly recommend saliva predictor kits. I learned this the hard way, when I just couldn’t pinpoint it accurately enough. Saliva is the most accurate method (which is why it is used for DNA) These are very inexpensive (and can be used over and over) but are sometimes hard to find. Check The ebay (affiliate) listings by clicking here to see if any are available. If you’re not a member, you can sign up for free here.
2. You need a low vaginal PH to get a boy. A highly acid vaginal PH will kill off the boy sperm. I tested my PH using PH strips. (I got them on Ebay (affiliate.) You can click here for a real time search – they are usually under the name “gynex” or something similar. You may have to scroll all the way down.) It was way off (probably why I was producing girls.)
I found books that told me the range I needed to be in and how to get there. These are all about getting the PH that you need to be in order to get the gender that you want, pinpointing the optimum time to conceive to get that gender – and making sure these two intersect at the right time. It’s no good to have a perfect PH but then miss that time target. They have to interact at that very small window.
- If you oppose douching and / or you want to try foods also, (although I believe it is most effective way, I know some don’t like it), a good book for foods is Ashley Spencer’s “How To Chose The Sex Of Your Baby.” Spencer is endorsed by OB/GYNs and she used to give sold out seminars ($250) on her methods. But, she got busy with her own family and so she put all of the information in an ebook instead (which is much more inexpensive for everyone. This is probably the best selling gender selection system on the market. You can visit Ashley Spencer’s website by clicking here.
2. If you think that you might have trouble getting pregnant or you want more tips on how to conceive very efficiently, check out Pregnancy Approach, which lays everything that you need to do (and when) out very, very clearly.
3. You need to conceive in a position that places sperm as close to the cervix as possible: This will be different for each couple, but the boy sperm are not strong enough to travel far, so you need to make it easier for them. Both books go into great detail on this.
It took me six months (I charted myself for a few months first), but I did get my baby boy, a blond haired blue eyed cutie . He’s still too small for the ice skates, but just give him time. Good luck! (Affiliate Disclosure)
Filed under: Uncategorized by admin
Comments Off on What You Need To Conceive A Boy